Configuring A WebFaction Email Account In Outlook Express
Wednesday 19 August 2009
I’ve had a number of clients lately who use Windows (egad!) and they have been struggled to understand how to configure their new WebFaction email account using Outlook Express on Windows. This guide works for me. You also might want to use SSL for POP3 incoming in which case your port would be 995.
1) First go to Outlook Express, click Tools => Accounts
2) Click on your account to adjust (or add a new account if you need to)
3 ) Start with the General Tab, settings should be like this.
4) Go to servers tab, settings should be like this:
5) Click on Outgoing Mail Server “Settings” button (still on the Servers tab)
6) Connection tab (I did not adjust this)
7) Go to Security Tab (I did not adjust this either)
8) Go to Advanced Tab, settings should look like this:
9) Now click “OK” and then “Save” and “Apply” your settings.10) Send a test email from the account to another email address that you know to be working to test SMTP (outgoing), now send a reply to the account to test POP3 (incoming).